We are so pleased to welcome you to our website, MortonContemporaryGallery.com. We strive to ensure that the information you will find on this site is correct and up to date. The conditions in question here govern painting sales exclusively on this site. The buyer may systematically access these conditions on the site when the order is placed.
1. Legal Disclosures
Publisher: The Morton Gallery, LLC DBA Morton Contemporary
Location of registered office: Delaware County, PA
Publication Director : D. Morton
Customer Service : For information, questions or advice, our customer service is at your disposal. By email: Morton Contemporary®
By e-mail: Debbie@mortoncontemporary.com
By telephone: 215-735-2800
2. Prices and Paintings : The prices on the site are indicated in dollars; prices don't include taxes and exclude participation in transportation costs (see delivery). The paintings you order are billed at the price in effect at the time the order is placed.
When you place an order outside of the United States: You are the importer of the painting in question. For paintings sent outside the United States, import taxes may be applied, and are the responsibility of the customer. These fees and amounts are not the responsibility of Morton Contemporary. They are the buyer's and the buyer is entirely responsible for both declarations, taxes, and payments to the relevant authorities and organizations in your country. The paintings remain the property of Morton Contemporary until complete collection of the indicated price.
3. Your Order and Transaction Confirmation : When you confirm your order at check-out, you are declaring that you are aware of and accept in their wholeness these terms and conditions of sale. As soon as your order is registered and payment confirmed, you will receive a confirmation message by e-mail. However, we reserve the right to cancel any order from a client with whom there is a disputation over payment of a previous order, or present order due to fraud indicators by our merchant processing system.
4. Payment: Payment for your purchases is to be made in dollars only. By credit card: Payment takes place online when you place your order.
5. Delivery: Delivery could take up to 2 weeks (due to COVID PANDEMIC this time may be extended). This time period can vary depending on the country of destination. Delivery will be made to the address that you indicate on the order form. The transfer of risks concerning the artworks you purchase takes place as soon as the paintings are given by Morton Contemporary to the carrier.
Objection Upon Receipt of the Artworks: It is your responsibility, in case of default or damage, to convey your precise and detailed objections to the carrier, writing "under protest" on the delivery slip, in order to benefit from the contracted insurance. You must then send the list of damages to Morton Contemporary, along with photographs of the damaged artwork and/or damaged box no later than 24 hours after delivery by e-mail. For artwork that is damaged due to shipping alone, client will not pay for return shipping. If we can repair the artwork, we will do so at our cost and promptly return the repaired artwork to client. If the client decides he or she does not want the repair and no longer wants the artwork due to damage, Morton Contemporary will pay for return shipping charges in the original packaging, and issue a full refund to client in original form of payment.
6. Refund: If your painting does not meet your expectations, do not worry. Just return it in its original wrapping with a copy of the invoice within 7 days, starting from the date you received the painting. So long as the painting is not damaged, you will receive a full credit only (that does not expire) with the gallery. You will be responsible for paying the return shipping costs and any associated fees. There are no cash or credit card refunds.
Return the painting(s) to: Please email gallery for more information.
7. Customer’s Guarantee : If the delivered artwork (s) presents one or more hidden defects, you must return it to us for a full refund to original form of payment, in their original packaging within 7 days, starting from the date of delivery. Morton Contemporary will refund your purchase to your original form of payment upon receipt of painting so long as no additional damage was incurred during the process of transaction and shipping.
8. Responsibility: Morton Contemporary shall not be responsible in case of non-execution of contract resulting from reasons outside its control, such as postal, transportation or communications-services strikes; or other disturbance.
9. Copyright and Intellectual Property : The artist retains copyright. The copyright license for the works on MortonContemporary.com belongs to their creators and to Morton Contemporary alone. You must have written permission from both parties for all exploitation of copyright. All elements of this site are protected by copyright, trademark, and all other intellectual property rights. No reproduction and/or adaptation can be made without the express written permission of Morton Contemporary and the artist.
10. Confidentiality : When placing an order, you will be asked to provide certain information that will be processed electronically. By confirming your order, you allow us to process this information and to convey it to other organizations. In conformity with the law, you can access this information, ask for its modification or require to no longer be listed in our database by sending us an e-mail at: Debbie@mortoncontemporary.com
11. Applicable Laws—Jurisdiction: This contract is subject to United States law. The courts of Pennsylvania will have jurisdiction over all legal disputes.